Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Communion prayers

I don't know about you, but I'm never quite sure what to pray while the bread & wine is being passed out during the Eucharist.

Usually it's a time of confession for me--giving myself and my weakness up--sometimes filled with guilt, and sometimes sweet release.

There's probably no 'right' or 'wrong' prayer in this time.  The mood is generally of repentance and confession, but sometimes it's easy to think of other parts of our relationship with God.

One of the most common things I think about with God during that time is about our place in relation to him: our place in the cosmos, in his plan, in the lives of those around us; in a word, cosmology.  Or...spirituality.

εὐχαριστία (eucharistia)

We give thanks for what we're a part of.

I wonder what other Christians feel and pray during this sacrament.

No comments:

Post a Comment