Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sneeze at the Sun [preview]

I'm putting together a little cover album.

Right now I plan to have 6 tracks.  I kind of fell in love with playing my baritone ukulele this spring (sorry my beautiful little tenor, but you cannot compete), so I wanted to record some stuff with it.

The songs have all been pretty important to me at some point in my life; they are a mix of five secular songs and a religious one.

Here's a little one-track preview--Schwarz zu Blau [lyrics] [English] (original):

{Philipp Poisel cover}
{Hämatom cover}

Track list:
1. Schwarz zu Blau (Peter Fox)
2. I Walked (Sufjan Stevens)
3. Hallelujah (Jeff Buckley cover of Leonard Cohen)*
4. Free Fallin' (Tom Petty)
5. Mighty to Save (Hillsong United)
6. Black Sun (Death Cab for Cutie)

*Note: skip listening to mine and just listen to theirs over and over... 

The album should be done this summer.   If you want to give me feedback let me know and I'll share a couple as they are.

I'm working on some original stuff too, but there's still a lot of progress to be made on that end.

No comments:

Post a Comment