Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Simple Plan(s)

I'm thankful for my roommate Nate from college for a number of reasons.

Nate was an athlete in high school and college and got along with just about everyone--but he was still my friend.  And he wasn't apologetic about it to anyone.  Even though I was a less than sought after member of high school society.

His friendship spoke volumes--it helped that he was and is somewhat of a geeky jock.

He's someone I can disagree with, have a beer and talk about it--and do it again and again.

In college Nate introduced me to a bunch of music.  It's mostly pretty poppy stuff that I end up liking despite myself.  One of those bands was Simple Plan, a pop punk group from Montreal.

I used to listen to the "Simple Plan" album all the time in college--particularly when we were playing a game of Age of Empires together or with other guys on our floor (the track "No Love" was an ironic anthem for the four of us that shared a suite for the second half of freshman year...).

The other day I started listening to it again and everything came back.  It was exhilarating and made me a little nostalgic.

I still like to listen to Simple Plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment