Monday, February 23, 2015

What was my experience in graduate school?

Negativity says:
    getting used to being dressed down verbally, and letting hostility and spite roll off of me
    at 8:30am every Monday morning...

    being wrong all the time...

    having my idea rejected, then proposed to me later when it turned out to be better...

    having my confidence completely destroyed...

Neutrality says:
    being exposed to my flaws and weaknesses (but not being allowed to ever forget
    them. ever.)...

    developing maturity despite everything...

Positivity says:
    befriending beautiful, complicated and confusing people...

    exposure to cultures outside my ken...

    developing skills and expertise while learning about our world...

    extending human knowledge...

    the opportunity to advance my career and open doors...

    actually getting better at being an investigator...

I'd probably do it again.  I like who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment