Saturday, July 12, 2008

A.H.

Sometimes I find myself languishing in mediocrity and normalcy. These lulls are hardly unique to me, but vary in severity and style from person to person. I have a friend though, who never seems to have this. When I hang out with him, or go to concerts with him, he always seems to be into something new...I love this about him. Not having been to many concerts, I think that I've gone with him to almost half of the concerts I've ever been to. The thing is though, he finds these obscure local bands that just have the tendency to blow my socks off, such as Lights at Sea. He's introduced me to bands such as Porcupine Tree and Dredg. The music they play is just amazing (especially when you're watching a codeine pill spin for the duration of a 17 minute song *cough* Anesthetize *cough*) and I feel alive. Anyway, this post is a shout out to him.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:38 PM

    thank you friend!

    looks like i picked the right time to stumble upon your blog


    ...add to rss...

    ReplyDelete